CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS
We are inviting papers and poster presentations that address questions including, but are not limited to, the following:
- How are the promises and expectations of VR, AR and other immersive consumer technologies embedded in broader cultural ideologies of progress and innovation?
- What are the tensions created between immersive technologies and physical environments?
- How is the space between an all-digital artwork and an all-physical exhibition space negotiated?
- How do the material aspects of immersive technologies’ hardware affect the generation and perception of immersive content?
- How might the design, marketing and use of digital platforms determine the ways in which online information communities are formed?
- To what extent might online ‘filter bubbles’ and other immersive information environments bear parallels to post-structuralist understandings of rhizomatic and fluid meaning-making in text?
THIS DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED
Please submit your abstracts and work proposals by
30 April 2019
*Deadline extended to midnight on 7th May*
If you are experiencing problems with the online submission you can also submit via email to email@example.com.