CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS
We are inviting papers and poster presentations that address questions including, but are not limited to, the following:
- How are the promises and expectations of VR, AR and other immersive consumer technologies embedded in broader cultural ideologies of progress and innovation?
- What are the tensions created between immersive technologies and physical environments?
- How is the space between an all-digital artwork and an all-physical exhibition space negotiated?
- How do the material aspects of immersive technologies’ hardware affect the generation and perception of immersive content?
- How might the design, marketing and use of digital platforms determine the ways in which online information communities are formed?
- To what extent might online ‘filter bubbles’ and other immersive information environments bear parallels to post-structuralist understandings of rhizomatic and fluid meaning-making in text?
To submit a paper or poster presentation for the DRHA2019 programme please click on the link below and complete the application form.
Please submit your abstracts and work proposals by 30 April 2019
If you are experiencing problems with the online submission you can also submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.